How to Apply to Become a Patient on The Gonzalez Protocol®
There are Gonzalez Certified Doctors in the following regions: United States, Mexico, Jamaica, Caribbean, Europe, Turkey and Middle East Africa. If you don't see your region listed, don't despair as some of our doctors offer Telemedicine.
We are providing a service to all our doctors and prospective patients by managing the application process. This protocol is quite demanding and before a doctor schedules as appointment, we want to be certain that the prospective patient knows what will be required of them and that this protocol can benefit the patient’s specific medical situation. This is the same application process that Dr. Gonzalez established in his private practice.
Here are the steps all prospective patients must follow in order to apply to become a patient on The Gonzalez Protocol®.
The first, and most important step, is to review all the material about The Gonzalez Protocol itself so you know the different aspects and estimate costs of the protocol. If you do not yet know what the protocol involves then you should click HERE to review the information before proceeding with the directions below.
If you are a cancer patient, before you follow these patient application instructions, we strongly advise you to make an appointment with an oncologist and review your options for treatment. If you are currently receiving chemotherapy and/or radiation, we advise you not to do this protocol at this time. You are welcome to apply once you have finished. For legal and ethical reasons, we cannot take the responsibility of advising any patient about whether or not to receive chemotherapy or radiation. Patients need to make their own decisions based on the merits of those therapies. The late Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez found that patients who combine more than one approach do not get the full benefit of any of the programs.
Next, prospective patients must relay the details of their case to the Gonzalez Guidance Group. We will review this material to be sure that the patient's diagnosis, current condition, and extent of previous treatment will not prevent them from some benefit with this protocol. The prospective patient should email a written summary of their illness or problem that they are seeking help for to firstname.lastname@example.org. The summary should be written as if telling a story, rather than as an outline and include:
- Patient’s name, date of birth and age
- Address, telephone number, fax number and time zone
- How you heard about The Gonzalez Protocol®
- Any prior interest in nutrition or alternative medicine
- The type of illness, date it was diagnosed, extent of disease, recurrences
- Dates and kinds of previous treatment
- Current treatment recommendations
- Attitudes about your current doctors/practitioners
- How disease has affected daily life and activities, ability to work
- Any other significant health problems, past or present
- All prescription medications
- Height and weight; recent weight gain or loss
- Difficulties eating or swallowing capsules
- History of smoking or alcohol use
- Support system – family, spiritual, faith
- Who currently lives in your household
- Reason for wanting an appointment with a Gonzalez Certified Doctor (a brief statement of a couple of sentences is fine)
- Include the best times over the next 48 hours when you can receive a phone call from our team. Please note our working hours are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am EST - 5pm EST, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am EST -6pm EST.
When this summary is complete, you should email it to email@example.com along with available electronic copies of relevant biopsy results, blood work results, CT or MRI written reports, etc. This is a HIPAA compliant, secure email system. If you do not have immediate access to all of your medical records, you may go ahead and email your summary. We will let you know if any missing records are critical to the evaluation of your case.
We strongly suggest that the prospective patient be the one to review all this information and personally write the summary. Not only does this provide us with more accurate information, but it also ensures that each prospective patient understands the high degree of motivation and commitment this protocol demands.
PLEASE NOTE: The Gonzalez Guidance Group is a patient application processing service provided exclusively to Gonzalez Certified Doctors. Decisions about whether prospective patients are accepted into a doctor’s private practice is their sole decision.
If after reading about the application process, you realize that this is more than you were looking for, consider taking the Gonzalez Metabolic Type Test. It is an online self-test where you can learn your Gonzalez Metabolic Type and receive a detailed diet and nutritional plan.