Apply to Become a Patient on The Gonzalez Protocol®
The Gonzalez Protocol® is designed to establish the conditions for health that will allow the body to heal. There are Gonzalez Certified Doctors offering Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez's nutritional enzyme therapy in the following regions: United States (Oregon, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Connecticut), Mexico (Cancun), Jamaica, Europe, U.K. and Turkey. After you successfully complete the application process, you will be given access to the Directory of Doctors where YOU can SELECT a doctor.
We want to help you get the best care for your specific health situation (cancer, degenerative diseases and prevention). We are providing a centralized application service for all our doctors. The Gonzalez Protocol® isn't right for everyone. This alternative medicine program is quite demanding and requires a personal commitment to changing one's lifestyle as well as diet. Before a doctor schedules an appointment, we want you to know what will be required of you and understand whether this nutritional enzyme treatment can benefit you. (This is the same application process that Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez established in his private practice to the benefit of all). Before you begin, you may find this Frequently Asked Questions page helpful.
Here are the steps all prospective patients, regardless of their health situation, must follow in order to apply to become a patient on The Gonzalez Protocol®.
The first, and most important step, is to review the information about The Gonzalez Protocol itself so you know the different aspects and estimate costs of the protocol. If you do not yet know what this health protocol involves then you should click HERE to review this information before proceeding with the directions below.
For cancer patients: before you follow these patient application instructions, we strongly advise you to make an appointment with an oncologist and review your options for treatment. Patients who are currently receiving chemotherapy and/or radiation are advised not to do this protocol at this time. You are welcome to apply once you have finished. For legal and ethical reasons, we cannot take the responsibility of advising any patient about whether or not to receive chemotherapy or radiation. Patients need to make their own decisions based on the merits of those therapies. Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez found that patients who combine more than one approach do not get the full benefit of any of the programs.
Next, prospective patients can relay the details of their health to the Gonzalez Guidance Group. We will review this material to be sure that your diagnosis, current health condition, and extent of previous treatment will not prevent you from some benefit with this protocol. The prospective patient should email a written summary of their illness or health problem that they are seeking help for to email@example.com. The summary should be written as if telling a story, rather than as an outline and include:
- Patient’s name, date of birth and age
- Address, telephone number, fax number and time zone
- How you heard about Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez and The Gonzalez Protocol®
- Any prior interest in nutrition or alternative medicine
- The type of illness, date it was diagnosed, extent of disease, recurrences
- Dates and kinds of previous treatment
- Current treatment recommendations
- Attitudes about your current doctors/practitioners
- How disease has affected daily life and activities, ability to work
- Any other significant health problems, past or present
- All prescription medications
- Height and weight; recent weight gain or loss
- Difficulties eating or swallowing capsules
- History of smoking or alcohol use
- Support system – family, spiritual, faith
- Who currently lives in your household
- Reason for wanting an appointment with a Gonzalez Certified Doctor (a brief statement of a couple of sentences is fine)
- Include the best times over the next 48 hours when you can receive a phone call from our team. Please note our working hours are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am EST - 5pm EST, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am EST -6pm EST.
When this summary is complete, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with available electronic copies of relevant biopsy results, blood work results, CT or MRI written reports, etc. This is a HIPAA compliant, secure email system. If you do not have immediate access to all of your medical records, you may go ahead and email your summary. We will let you know if any missing records are critical to the evaluation of your case.
We strongly suggest that the prospective patient be the one to review all this information and personally write the summary. Not only does this provide us with more accurate information, but it also ensures that each prospective patient understands the high degree of motivation and commitment this protocol demands.
PLEASE NOTE: The Gonzalez Guidance Group is a patient application processing service provided exclusively to Gonzalez Certified Doctors. Decisions about whether prospective patients are accepted into a doctor’s private practice is their sole decision.
- Gonzalez Guidance Group: please allow us 2 business days to review your initial letter and submitted files and arrange for a phone interview
- Directory of Doctors: if we think you can benefit from this protocol, you will be given access to the Directory of Doctors for 5 days - giving you time to review the doctors listed and select ONE doctor to contact. Once you decide which doctor you want to contact, look for the words in blue "Click to Contact Dr..." and click.
- Doctor Application Review: once the doctor you have selected receives your application, they will have 2 business days to review your file and determine whether they will accept you into their practice. You will either be contacted by the Gonzalez Guidance Group or the doctor's office with this decision.
- Appointment Scheduling: once accepted into a doctor's practice, their administrative staff will contact you to schedule an appointment.
If after reading about the application process, you realize that this is more than you were looking for, consider taking the Gonzalez Metabolic Type Test. It is an online self-test where you can learn your Gonzalez Metabolic Type and receive a detailed healthy diet and nutritional plan.